Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Step


I guess like all new ventures I should begin by creating a mission statement and cast my vision for what I hope to accomplish.  I understand that there are millions of people blogging, so this is not something new in this world, but for me it is a challenge to put my thoughts, dreams, struggles and walk in a place where it is open to the world.

My hope is that through this I am able to grow toward my Lord, and maybe through my walk bless some other men who are striving to place their lives directly in the path of Love.

I plan on exploring Bible verses, excerpts from writers, and my own in sites; with the focus on becoming less selfish and living a life that is based on serving instead of convenience.  I want to learn how to become the husband and father that I was designed to be.  I want to learn how to embrace the role of leader in my community.

My prayer is that the Lord uses this to shape my walk and push me outside of my comfort zones.  I know that there have been opportunities that He has placed before me that I have let pass by out of fear.  I am tired of being afraid.  I am tired of letting the Lord's call go unanswered in hopes that He move onto someone else.  I am tired of complacency and mediocrity.

Psalm 18:30-35
As for God, his way is perfect;
   the word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield
   for all who take refuge in him
For who is God besides the Lord?
   And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
   and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
   he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
   my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You give me your shield of victory,
   and your right hand sustains me;
   you stoop down to make me great.

No comments:

Post a Comment